Ok, I must vent to something or someone, and as I understand it, Bogs are for just that. So here it goes. Today I was in the elevator at work, and a lady came in after me, and looked at me, asked if I was due soon, and got freaked out and left the elevator. Did she think that I was going to pop out a kid in the few minutes that I was in the elevator to go up 7 flights of stairs? Then as my day was progressing, and I decided to have lunch, I really wanted a Cherry 7-up, don't ask, a weird pregnancy thing these days, so I took a little walk down to the store in the hospital to see if by some odd chance they had my so-called beverage of choice these days, and to my surprise they did, so as I grabbed the coldest one I could find and headed for the register, the cashier ask how long do I have and when I told her 7 weeks, she looked at me all astonished by my size, and said really? No lady I am lying......She then proceeded to tell me, Well it must be twins? No lady, just a big boy. Well, you look like your ready any day now? Well, I am not, and I know for sure he is not. And as I continued to walk out of the store, she continued to ask me stupid questions........Unbelievable.
Then as I walked my steady pace back to the elevator for yet another trip to the 9th floor, one of the gross VA workers got in and asked the same questions, and again, I tried to be polite, and said, no its not twins, its just one, its a boy, and its not my first. So, she then slowly reached to touch my stomach, and since I was so startled by this stranger wanting to touch my belly, I jumped back, and said that its probably in your best interest after the day I have had to not touch my belly. I think she was so startled by my comment, she quickly regained consciousness of what she was doing, and said oh I am sorry. I quickly replied, no problem, and got off the elevator at the next floor.
My response to all of this is WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE? Why is it that people suddenly become super bold around a pregnant women, and think that they are free wrain to talk, touch, and socialize with, when really, we don't care to discuss anything with you, when we don't even know who you are. After 3 pregnancies, it is still amazing to me the guts that complete strangers have.
So I think that I need to permanently wear a T-shirt that says: This is not my first baby, its a boy, its not twins, I am just that big, and HANDS OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment